Wednesday, May 20, 2009



Hi everyone!

Today has been a lazy day for Lucy and I. We've been watching Turner and Hooch together. She does that cute head tilt whenever Hooch barks.

So since this is the first post of the blog I should introduce myself. My name is Becky and I am currently living in the Niagara Region in Ontario, Canada. My boyfriend, Jordan, lives near Greensboro in North Carolina. Lucy and I were living in NC with Jordan for about 5 months, but Lucy and I had to move back to Canada about two months ago because of those silly immigration rules.

Since Lucy and I have been back we have been trying to get back into the groove of our normal life - settling into a home, looking for a job, playing with other dogs, chasing bunnies and squirrels - the usual stuff! But since we have been back it has been difficult for the both of us. It's been tough for me trying to find work in this awful economic situation. But it has been especially tough for Lucy because of her health.

About a month ago I took Lucy in to the Vet to get a lump/mass on her leg checked out. We had blood work, an xray and a fine needle aspirate done. And from all of the results, it looks as though Lucy has cancer. Our vet says that it looks like an infiltrative lipoma mass. Hearing the vet tell me that made my heart break into a million pieces. It by far was the worst news I could ever hear, especially considering the financial situation I am stuck in right now.

Lucy has been by my side for over four years now and she has given me so much in that short period of time. From the day I saw her, I fell in love with her and my life has never been the same since then. She means everything to me.

Right now we have been making arrangements through a friend, Harry, in West Chester Pennsylvania, to see his Veterinarian, Dr. Humphries. He might be able to help Lucy and I with the necessary surgeries at a lower cost. We have an appointment to visit Dr. Humphries at the West Chester Veterinary Medical Center on June 6th to see what he can do for us.

Even if Dr. Humphries can help us with lowering the costs of the surgery needed, we still might need to raise funds for Lucy. I will be setting up a paypal donation button on the blog that will go towards Lucy's medical bills. Any size donation would be greatly appreciated.

Jordan and I will be updating the blog frequently so please check back soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I feel so bad for holding her for shame pics.

she looks so cute in that shower cap though.

like a little wrinkly grandma.

May 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

her constant expression is "why are you doing this to me?" but she is too sweet to tell us to stop.

May 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home